Tuesday, August 6, 2013

On DVD - Admission

Movie:  Admission
Major Actors: Tina Fey, Paul Rudd, Nat Wolff
Rating: PG-13
Best Audience: Teenagers to Adults

Review:

I would have actually classified Admission as more of a drama than a comedy.  It has very little comedy in it.  The story is very predictable.  I guessed the "big twist" long before it was revealed.  Tina Fey's character is a college admissions worker for Princeton University.  Paul Rudd's character, who runs a private school, introduces her to student that is not typically Princeton material.  After connecting with a student, she bends the rules to try to get him into Princeton. 

The one thing I do like about this film is that it portrays an accurate depiction of the politics of academia.  I like what the movie reveals about the administrative side of universities.

All in all, this movie was just alright.  It wasn't great.  It wasn't even that funny.  I'm glad I waited to see it on video because I would have felt cheated to have spent $8 at the theatre to see it.  Once again, my major issue with this movie is its predictability.  Tina Fey can do much better.  So can Paul Rudd.

No comments:

Post a Comment