Sunday, January 12, 2014

Gravity

Movie: Gravity

Major Actors: Sandra Bullock, George Clooney, Ed Harris

Rating: PG-13

Best Audience: Older children and adults

Review

I found the movie "Gravity" to be quite excellent. I know a lot of critics of the movie did not appreciate the aspects of the movie that were unrealistic. However, I do not for a second believe the intent of this film was to show the audience what the experience of floating freely through space would be like. This movie is more like "Life of Pi;" it has a philosophical message. "Gravity" certainly moved me to think about things like basic survival vs. really living. So many times in this film, Sandra Bullock's character is faced with situations in which giving up would be much easier than even trying to survive. She doesn't have anyone left on the planet to even try to live for. It's just her...and her question of life or death. I definitely loved this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment