Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Watch

Movie: The Watch
Major Actors: Ben Stiller, Jonah Hill, Vince Vaughn, Richard Ayoade, Rosemarie DeWitt, Will Forte
Rating: R
Best Audience: Even though it's rated R, teenagers 15 and up would enjoy this. 

Review:

The Watch was funny, but not the funniest movie I've ever seen. It reminded me of a less funny version of "Hot Fuzz" with aliens added. The jokes were mostly phallic in nature, and I have a feeling the writers were obsessed with that part of the male body. It did have some good human interest parts in the movie, like with Vince Vaughn's character and his daughter, and with Ben Stiller's character and his wife. The major plot twists were easily predictable. At best, this is a just-for-fun movie. I believe this would be a great movie to see with your guy friends. It's a total "guy comedy;" most men would be wildly entertained. I do think the movie was very entertaining, just not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment