Thursday, July 11, 2013

Monsters University

Movie:  Monsters University
Major Actors:
Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Helen Mirren, Nathan Fillion, Aubrey Plaza, Bobby Moynihan Rating: G
Best Audience: Children and Families

Review:
Monsters University is a great film for the kids.  It is the sequel to Monsters Inc. which came out in 2001.  Just to give you an idea of how long ago that was:  When Monsters Inc. came out, I was 14.  Now I'm 26.  Crazy.

Anyway, Monsters University goes back in time to when Mike and Sully were in college studying to become "Scarers," which is the ultimate career in the Monster world.  Along with the funny moments come lessons about teamwork, being yourself, and doing the right thing.  If you have children, or are a child at heart, you'd probably enjoy this movie.  I must admit, I forgot a lot about the original, so I may have to rewatch Monsters Inc. to brush up on some of the things I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment